Scarborough Rugby Union Football Club Ltd incorporating Barons Fitness Centre knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
1) Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by SRUFC is controlled by SRUFC (the data controller), whose registered office is at: J. M. Guthrie Clubhouse, Silver Royd, Scalby Road, Scarborough, YO13 0NL
2) What Personal Information about club users does SRUFC gather?
The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience at SRUFC. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address and bank details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club and its facilities.We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.
We also collect the following information:
- Sensitive information
The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to but not limited to your racial or ethnic origin, religion or other beliefs and your health.
Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise and to provide information in the event of an accident.
We are required to collect race and ethnicity data as well as disability information.
By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
- Photographs for Membership Cards
In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we take a digital photograph of each member to whom a membership card is issued. By providing the digital photograph to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the www.scarboroughrugby.co.uk or www.baronsfitness.co.uk websites (“Our Sites”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We use CCTV in our club for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our club please contact us.
3) What do we do with personal information collected from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including for example to administer your membership of the club, to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders,and to maintain membership records;
- to send you newsletters and promotions and to conduct surveys, prize draws, competitions, general feedback and other promotions via email, telephone or post.
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4) What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A copy of our cookies policy is available here.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
5) Does SRUFC share the Information it receives?
Information about our club users is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. SRUFC does not share member information with anyone else.
Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to club users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please tick the relevant opt-out box in your terms and conditions of membership or let us know in writing if you don’t want to receive these offers.
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
6) How Secure is Information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7) What about Links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
8) What Choices do I have?
You can always choose not to receive information. If you do not want to receive email or other promotional communications from us, do not tick the relevant opt-in box on any forms you complete for us.
If you currently receive communications and would like to change your mind, you can either let us know in writing or can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option which is included in any emails we send you.
As mentioned above, the Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
9) Are Children allowed to use the Site?
If you are under 18, you may use the Site but you may only use the “Member Portal” area of the Site with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
10) What Rights do I have in relation to my Personal Information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to the Admin Team. The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to access your personal information contact us by email to email@example.com or by post to Data Requests, The J.M. Guthrie Clubhouse, Silver Royd, Scalby Road, Scarborough, YO13 0NL
11) Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at SRUFC, please email us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.